Aims and scope
Arctic and Subarctic Natural Resources (ISSN 2618-9712 [print], ISSN 2686-9683 [online]) aims to encourage interdisciplinary dialogue between researchers working on Arctic and Subarctic issues in the field of geology, permafrost sciences, the study of biological resources (soil, flora and fauna), ecology, productivity and sustainability of the Arctic and Subarctic ecosystems, and the operation of technology and equipment in the North.
Arctic and Subarctic Natural Resources publishes articles in the following sections:
- Earth Sciences: general and regional geology; petrology, volcanology; engineering geology; permafrost and soil sciences; geology, prospecting and exploration of solid minerals; mineral processing; geotechnology
- General Biology: ecology, biological resources
- Metallurgy and Materials Science: nanotechnology and nanomaterials; materials science
Arctic and Subarctic Natural Resources accepts manuscripts in Russian and English that have not been previously published and have not been submitted for publication to other journals.
Arctic and Subarctic Natural Resources promotes the timely publication of research, scientific relations, including international ones, the development of scientific research and the implementation of their results into practice.
The Editorial Board of the journal consists of leading scientists from Russia, USA, South Korea, Germany. All manuscripts submitted to the journal are reviewed in accordance with the regulated procedure.
The Editorial Board of Arctic and Subarctic Natural Resources complies with the principles of publication ethics in accordance with international rules of copyright protection, the guidelines of the Committee on the Ethics of Scientific Publications (COPE), and the norms of the legislation of the Russian Federation on copyright.
All manuscripts submitted to the journal are peer-reviewed in a double-blind fashion and screened using plagiarism detection software.
Priority areas of editorial policy:
- publication of research articles, short reports, reviews mainly devoted to the study of the Arctic and Subarctic and the development of scientific justification for the development of these territories
- timely, free of charge publication of the results of fundamental and applied scientific research by employees of scientific institutions and universities of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), authors from other regions of Russia and abroad, devoted to the study of the Arctic and Subarctic and the development of a scientific justification for the development of the Russian sector of these territories
- promotion of collaborative research of scientists of the Republic, Russian researchers, and cooperation with foreign authors
- assistance in the development of creative bonds between scientists of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) with scientific institutions and universities of the Russian Federation and foreign countries
- increasing the public prestige of scientific activity, strengthening bonds between science and education, training highly qualified scientific personnel
- addressed to the general scientific community, university professors, undergraduate and graduate students
- availability of the open archive since 1996 on the website of the journal, Cyberleninka, e-library
- journal’s inclusion in the RSCI on the Web of Science platform increases the visibility and citation of published articles to the Russian and international scientific community