Nadezhda S. Danilova
Dr. Sci. (Biology), Professor, Leading Researcher, Institute for Biological Problems of Cryoliothozone, SB RAS (Yakutsk, Russia)
Ph.D. thesis: “Wild plants in culture” (1992)
Doctoral dissertation: “Biological diversity of flora in Yakutia as a source for plant introduction” (1996).
Research interests: introduction study of the wild flora plants in Yakutia.
- 2012 – present – leading researcher, Yakut Botanical Garden, Institute for Biological Problems of Cryoliothozone, SB RAS
- 2003 – 2011 – director, deputy director, Botanical Garden, North-Eastern Federal University
- 1997 – Professor, Department of Botany, Yakut State University
- 1979 – 1997 – laboratory assistant, senior laboratory assistant, junior researcher, senior researcher, head of the laboratory, Yakut Botanical Garden, Institute of Biology, YAF SB AS USSR (currently RAS)
- 1975-1978 – postgraduate student, Central Siberian Botanical Garden of the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences
- 1974-1975 – laboratory assistant, Yakut Research Institute of Agriculture
Dr. Nadezhda Danilova has developed an original method for the integral assessment of the introduction resistance of local plants, which is a fundamental contribution to the theory and methodology of introduction. This method opens up the possibility of obtaining objective criteria that summarize the nature of the interaction of local plants with a new habitat.
She was the first to analyze the biological diversity of the flora of Yakutia as a source of introduction, summarize the results of a long-term introduction experiment, and evaluate the genetic potential of introduced plants belonging to various subdivisions of the vegetation cover of Yakutia.
The works of N.S. Danilova have a priority in the development of the problem of conservation of rare and endangered plants in the introduction. Under her supervision, a new direction in introduction science is being developed – the restoration of the structure and number of disturbed populations of rare species in the flora of Yakutia.
Awards and Honors:
“Honored Veteran of the SB RAS”
Certificate of the Government of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (2011).
Author of more than 200 scientific works, including the author and co-author of 13 monographs, 7 teaching aids and 8 recommendations for landscaping the settlements of Yakutia.
Professional Societies: Council of Botanical Gardens of Russia.