Igor I. Kolodeznikov
Dr. Sci (Geology and Mineralogy), (Yakutsk, Russia)
PhD thesis: “Late Mesozoic magmatic formations in the central part of the Suntar-Khayata ridge (Yakutia)”, (1973)
Doctoral dissertation: “Middle Paleozoic magmatism and rifting in the east of the Siberian platform and the Verkhoyansk-Kolyma fold system”, (1992)
Research Interests: geology of Middle Paleozoic sedimentary-volcanic deposits, Middle Paleozoic rifting.
- 2008-2018 – President of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Yakutsk, Russia
- 2001-2008 – Vice-president, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Yakutsk, Russia
- 1983-2008 – Associate Professor, head, Department, professor, dean, Geological Prospecting Faculty of Yakut State University, Yakutsk, Russia
- 1978-1983 – Senior Researcher, Institute of Geology, Yakut Branch of the Siberian Branch of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Yakutsk, Russia
- 1967-1978 – Assistant, Lecturer, Associate Professor, Engineering Institute, Yakut State University, Yakutsk, Russia
- 1968-1971 – Head of the Department; Head, Thematic Expedition of the YATSU Mininistry of Geology of the USSR, Yakutsk, Russia
- 1966-1967 – Senior Geological Technician, Geological Engineer of the Yakutsk Territorial Geological Administration’s expeditions of the USSR Ministry of Geology, Yakutsk, Russia
Dr. Igor I. Kolodeznikov is one of the leading scientists in Russia in the field of magmatic geology, who made a significant contribution to the development of problems of volcanism and rifting in the Northeast of the Asian continent. He has conducted field geological studies of Mesozoic and Paleozoic volcanism and rifting in almost all regions of Northeast Yakutia: in the South Verkhoyansk region, in the mouth of the Lena River, in the Okhotsk and Kolyma-Omolon regions.
In his works I.I. Kolodeznikov showed that the Middle Paleozoic era was a turning point in the geological history of the Northeast Asian continent, which largely determined the further history and minerageny of the region, since the development of the Middle Paleozoic rift system led to the split of the eastern part of the ancient continent of Eurasia and the formation of the Late Paleozoic-Early Mesozoic passive continental margin.
Author of 130 scientific and scientific-methodical works, including 11 monographs.
Awards and Honors: Honored Geologist of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (2006), Honorary Worker of Higher Professional Education of the Russian Federation (2007), Honorary Citizen of Ust-Aldan ulus (2011). In 2014, the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin expressed gratitude to I.I. Kolodeznikov for the achievements in labor, many years of conscientious work and active social activity. Honorary Citizen of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (2018).
Professional Societies: Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, Corresponding Member of the Siberian Branch of the Academy of Higher Education, Academician of the International Academy of Mineral Resources. Chairman of the OUS for Geosciences of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (since 2001), editor-in-chief of the journal Science and Education (since 2009), Deputy Chairman of the Council for Science and Technical Policy under the Head of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Deputy Chairman of the Commission for awarding State prizes of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) in the field of science and technology