Boris M. Kershengolts
Dr. Sci. (Biology), professor, senior researcher (Yakutsk, Russia)
PhD thesis: “Investigation of some properties of horseradish peroxidase in soluble and immobilization states”, 1975
Doctoral thesis: “Ethanol and acetaldehyde in plant and animal organisms”.
Research interests: environmental, medical and radiation biochemistry, biotechnology of biologically active substances of plant and animal origin.
Dr. Boris Kershengolts has organized a Laboratory of Ecological and Medical Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Radiobiology at the Institute for Biological Problems of Cryolithozone, SB RAS. He developed physicochemical biotechnologies for the production of natural bioactive substances from northern natural plant and animal raw materials for medical, food and technical purposes. Biopreparations “antler” (biostimulatory, adaptogenic, immunomodulatory action) and “reindeer moss” (detoxification of the internal environment of the body, correction for metabolic disorders – type II diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis) series have been produced. They have patents of the Russian Federation, permits of Rospotrebnadzor and the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation; Eurasian Economic Union, European Union.
- 2020 – vice-president, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
- 2011 – deputy director for research, Institute for Biological Problems of Cryolithozone, SB RAS
- 2006 to present – head, Laboratory of Ecological and Medical Biochemistry, Biotechnology and Radiobiology
- 2013 – 2018 – vice president, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
- 2011 – professor, head, Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Biology and Geography, North-Eastern Federal University
- 2001 – 2009 – head, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biology and Geography, YSU
- 2001 – 2013 – chief scientific secretary, Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)
- 1994-1998 – dean, Faculty of Biology and Geography, Yakut State University
- 1993 – 2001 – professor, head, Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Biology and Geography, Yakut State University
- 1981-1993 – scientific secretary, leading researcher, head of the laboratory, Institute of Biology of the Yakut Branch, Siberian Branch, the USSR Academy of Sciences
- 1976-1981 – assistant, senior researcher, Yakut State University
- 1975-1976 – junior researcher, Faculty of Chemistry, Moscow State University
- 1972-1975 – postgraduate study, Moscow State University
Author and co-author of over 350 scientific papers, including 6 monographs, 6 textbooks, over 40 certificates of the USSR for inventions and patents of the Russian Federation.
Awards and Honors: Honorary Donor of the USSR (1982), Honored Veteran of the SB RAS (2003), Honorary Worker of Science and Technology of the Russian Federation (2008), Laureate of the State Prize of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) (2013), Gold medals of the International Union of Inventors in 1996 (Pittsburgh, USA) and 1998 (Bulgaria); 72nd International Marseille Fair (France, 1996); gold and silver medals of innovative forums in Moscow and St. Petersburg (2000-2012).
Professional Societies: Dissertation Council “Ecology” at NEFU; Academic Councils of IBPK SB RAS, Academic Council of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia); Council for Science under the Head of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia); Public Council under the State Committee of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) for Innovation Policy and Science.